Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Figurative Sculpture
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Level 10 user

Re: Lei Yixin and the MLK monument

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post

do you have more info that suggests a different attitude for him? I'm curious now... it seems more that you're inflicting your views ...
inflicting my views...you’re funny…..
fritzies got her/his thumb on the nuke button

lets just say if He were alive today, unborn children would have a stronger voice.

duck
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Level 10 user

Quote:
lets just say if He were alive today, unborn children would have a stronger voice

based on what? At a cursory glance, I can find nothing specific about that issue, other than people who are not MLK saying surely he would have thought that way. His niece doesn't count. It's all guesses and conjecture. If you have a cause, do it in your own name; don't hang on someone else's shirttail, putting words in their deceased mouth.
Education & options-- and not just the options approved by an opinionated few.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Level 10 user

Quote:

based on what? At a cursory glance, I can find nothing specific about that issue, other than people who are not MLK saying surely he would have thought that way. His niece doesn't count. It's all guesses and conjecture. If you have a cause, do it in your own name; don't hang on someone else's shirttail, putting words in their deceased mouth.
Education & options-- and not just the options approved by an opinionated few.
Dr. King said this, "So I say to you my friends, that even though we must face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It's a dream deeply rooted in the American Dream, that one day this nation will rise up and live out it's creed. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal". I have a dream or I had a vision. A vision of a land that matured and repented and began to parallel it's creed. To exemplify its declaration! A land where babies who are conceived in poverty are given the opportunity to pursue happiness. Children that may not be born in a happy state of affairs but are given the opportunity to pursue happiness for themselves.

duck

Last edited by Duck : 02-01-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Level 10 user

Duckie,
That is indeed an interpretaion of what he said. There is no proof that (what you claim) is what he meant. You are being terribly dramatic.
It's wonderful? that you feel such a commitment to someone else's body. How far does that commitment extend? This is surely off topic now. Suffice to say you have not borne the burden of proof. Case dismissed.

I see you took out the bit about the headache and wet face. a good move, but I saw it anyway. Gotta love the edit button...

Last edited by grommet : 02-01-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Duck edited post
Old 02-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
This is surely off topic now.
nah… it’s still the Yixin image of MLK……kinda has a nice case closed I’m a happy lill Christian look to it doesn’t it.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Level 10 user

im sorry mr Duck, could you clarify the last one liner, as an english speaker i am a bit baffled. is it in code?
this thread reminds me of a common place sign in england often within old pubs with low slung wooden beams over doorways etc 'duck or grouse' a sort of early health and safety measure.