Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture focus topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Level 4 user

Mirror polished stainless steel sculpture

Hi guys,

this is one of our recent sculpture called "Happy Bean".
It is mirror polished stainless steel. Please take a view of the video.
http://youtu.be/QT5z3Vcgqd0
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Mirror polished stainless steel sculpture

Hello Owen,
This is a bit frustrating...I've just come from a website(I think German) that is exposing the work of foundries in China that are shamelessly ripping off bronze sculptors work around the world and selling them as original pieces done by the creating artist. They even use the images from the artists website to promote thier sales as work done by that artist! They use crap bronze to create these ripoffs and 'Cease and Desist' letters from the artist's lawyers dont have any effect. What is the situation there? Can they do this with impunity?
I have a gallery in Beijing that sells my work and it is unsettling to think that some gang of miscreants can simply copy a piece I send to them and sell it to markets around the world at a fraction of the price with no fear of being imprisoned.
Do you know of this situation?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Level 4 user

Hi Mark, could you let me know the exact website which infringe the copyright of sculptor ?

What a shame !

It happens that some companies from China, ( some of them are just trading companies while some of them are foundries ) sell the sculptures as their own works. Sure I am definitely against that.

I'd advise you to hire lawyer to handle this. I know this is time consuming so it would be better to let the professional to handle this.

One of the key things to consider when working with a oversea foundry is to make sure it will follow the copyright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Hello Owen,
This is a bit frustrating...I've just come from a website(I think German) that is exposing the work of foundries in China that are shamelessly ripping off bronze sculptors work around the world and selling them as original pieces done by the creating artist. They even use the images from the artists website to promote thier sales as work done by that artist! They use crap bronze to create these ripoffs and 'Cease and Desist' letters from the artist's lawyers dont have any effect. What is the situation there? Can they do this with impunity?
I have a gallery in Beijing that sells my work and it is unsettling to think that some gang of miscreants can simply copy a piece I send to them and sell it to markets around the world at a fraction of the price with no fear of being imprisoned.
Do you know of this situation?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Level 10 user

Hi Owen,
Due to storm here am on 'dialup' will send you a link to the website when back on full power, I think it's called 'Bronze Artists for Copyright'. I went back to it today and saw a number of countries doing this i.e. Thailand. No this has not happened to me personally.
BTW beautiful job on the stainless piece that you posted!