Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture focus topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Level 3 user

Smile Years of exile, but now permits me.

Hi everyone.
It's been sometime since I was in here. Sadly I've not had much to talk about until recently. I've decided to show what a Stone Carver / Mason, does from A through Z on YouTube and on my site.

I cannot believe the amount of people, who have practically called me a liar
Anyway I hope everyone is good, I'm glad that this forum is still ticking along nicely.

If anyone has similar sites on YouTube? Please hook up there too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/StoneCarvingDesign

What are you folks up to, and more importantly. How has the financial climate affected you as an artist?

Best regards,

Mark

www.youtube.com/user/StoneCarvingDesign
Stone Carving Videos
Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Level 9 user

Re: Years of exile, but now permits me.

YouTube is known for having rude combative comments. You can shut comments off if you don't want to deal with them.

As for the economy, it depends on what you sell, and who your buyers are. Business is great, and the rich are getting richer. If you sell to the working class, you will see a slump. That's all I get from the grapevine.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Level 3 user

Hi Katy, thanks for the response.
Yes, I've been lucky so far on YouTube for my music, but hear that, and will take it in deep thought.

This is what I'm hearing too, the rich are getting richer.
I think I'm about just putting it out there at the moment. But more importantly, showing that a skill that is just about dead in terms of man labor, is still around.

You know, when I told people I worked with just my hands, a chisel, and a pencil, some scoffed at me
I guess it's more about proving it at the moment.
There are some very talented people out there still, thank heavens.

Best regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyL View Post
YouTube is known for having rude combative comments. You can shut comments off if you don't want to deal with them.

As for the economy, it depends on what you sell, and who your buyers are. Business is great, and the rich are getting richer. If you sell to the working class, you will see a slump. That's all I get from the grapevine.

Stone Carving Videos
Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Level 9 user

Have you thought of the continuing education classes at local community colleges? They have classes on things as diverse as natural dyes for spinning, hay-bale house building, and Indian Vegetarian cooking. How to stone mason with just a pencil sounds like a good class to take.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Level 3 user

Hi KatyL.
Thank you, sorry this is a late reply.
Yes I had thought about this. I've trained a fair few people in the past. I just wonder how many people would actually be interested frankly.

Having been to several such classes, I know that number dwindle after a while, and in the worst cases, classes get cancelled as you probably know already.

YouTube is slow on this. Actually me cooking an Indian Vidalloo gets 20 fold more interest
I guess its a heavy subject really?
I'm uploading a new video soon. Like I said its slow, but I expected that in any case owing to the nature of it.

Thanks very much KatyL,
Best regards.

====
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyL View Post
Have you thought of the continuing education classes at local community colleges? They have classes on things as diverse as natural dyes for spinning, hay-bale house building, and Indian Vegetarian cooking. How to stone mason with just a pencil sounds like a good class to take.

Stone Carving Videos
Old 02-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Level 2 user

I would take that class. Great videos, Chipfryer! Do you really fry chips? That would not be nearly as interesting as Date Rape... except why did you call it that? Trying to deter possible dates?
Seriously, mad props to you. I couldnn't resist trying some of the slate in upstate NY but it was soooo brittle!
Anyway, I'm especially pissed off about the economy because I work with the poor and disabled, so I am seeing it up close and personal.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:37 AM
Level 3 user

Goodness Wendicle,
Many apologies. I just found this post tagged in my 'musical account' on Reverbnation. I didn't get any notification via Sculpture Community. Many apologies indeed.
http://www.reverbnation.com/chipfryer

Thank you very much for looking in on the video set. Yes I do indeed fry the best chips ever, but that wasn't the reason for the name. No idea how that came about, but I bet some fryer companies wish they had thought of it

I would think most slate in NYC would even softer after Sandy, I hope that you and yours are ok and doing fine. Kudos to you for working with those less fortunate.
Thanks again, keep well yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendicle View Post
I would take that class. Great videos, Chipfryer! Do you really fry chips? That would not be nearly as interesting as Date Rape... except why did you call it that? Trying to deter possible dates?
Seriously, mad props to you. I couldnn't resist trying some of the slate in upstate NY but it was soooo brittle!
Anyway, I'm especially pissed off about the economy because I work with the poor and disabled, so I am seeing it up close and personal.

Stone Carving Videos