Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Construction techniques and processes
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Level 1 user

Where Can I Find Saw's?

Just wondering if anybody here uses or knows who makes small stone cutting tools. Maybe like a 2 inch blade or smaller.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Level 2 user

Re: Where Can I Find Saw's?

I have to make my own tools to express some of my visions. It requires a little of everything, art, math, materials, and science.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Level 1 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie View Post
I have to make my own tools to express some of my visions. It requires a little of everything, art, math, materials, and science.

I dont have any of those... lol. Im trying to make outdoor stone pieces. Table's, benches, fences, etc. Im a landscaper.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Level 10 user

What is it you are trying to cut, and what does two inch mean or refer too as it is a little vague to give anything other than a vague answer to.
If you mean general stone I have used carbide and diamond tipped blades with running water. For flat paver's or patio walking stones I have used my tile saw.
Drilling for connection pins/epoxy a carbide drill. and grinding wheels for cement/concrete.

But not trying to sound like a righteous/snobby person you sound like you have to little working skill or knowledge of the tools nor materials. as you can hurt kill yourself or others in your working vicinity.

I will suggest a trip to a library or here. http://worldcat.org/
A online catalog of member libraries and their books near you.
You might want to try Googling the subject matter for information and how to's.

As if your benches fail after install you can be held libel for damages to people and other wise.
All the usual
and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only