Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Welcome Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Level 1 user

Hello from Oz

Love sculpting and am just getting around to trying to learn to solder some sculpture. Took a course in welding steel 3 years ago, but the oxy acetylene was scary and the steel too thick. Realise now I tried a much too ambitious project and others in the group had much more experience than me. Recently did a one week full time course down at Grafton (picturesque country town with beautiful Jacarandah trees (& Jacarandah festival) all through town. Did it with Kate French (www.katefrench.com.au) a fabulous character sculpture. I will try and load a picture of my sculpture for the week. It was full on, and very draining. We got there Friday and started Sat morning. By Monday night I was ready to throw it all in the bin and go home. Couldnt sleep Mon night, got up early and did a big walk around town Tues am and decided yes, I could do that, or I could get back in there and have another go. Which is what I did. Started at 7am next morning because we were going to put clothes on and mine had no boobs yet. Just realised you cant load pictures like email. So will try somewhere on site to read how to do this. Love this site. Just loaded them up in Members Galleries, but they are too big. Is there any way I can make them smaller. They are just ordinary photos I take with a Kodak Easyhare camera

Last edited by celica : 11-22-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: adding ask for help
Old 11-23-2008, 07:49 AM
ISC Member

Re: Hello from Oz

I love your sculptures! The style and subject work really well together to give them a slightly eerie, creepy feeling (in a good way).
Old 11-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Level 10 user

julianna, I think Kate French was celicas tutor.

Hi celica, good to have another sculptor from Oz on board,
the pilgrimage to the Grafton artfest has been a must for me for many years
great tutors and big fun, the last workshop I did was with stone sculptor Craig Medson http://www.artoncairncross.com.au/craig/index.html
A quick search for 'image resizing' should have you posting pics.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Level 1 user

Thanks Underfoot, can you tell me how to send photos to this site. Yes I did a week with Kate French, just love her stuff. Mine is nowhere as characterised
Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Level 10 user

In the end, I think the easiest way to post photos is to upload to photobucket or Flikr, etc. and copy and paste a link from there.