Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture focus topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Level 1 user

2005 Biennale Internazionale dell’Arte Contemporanea

All,

I've just received an invitation to this biennial 12/05. The website looks very impressive but I remember a thread some time back discussing poor results from the 2003 biennial. Can anyone comment on this biennial - attendance, importance, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Larry
Old 06-03-2004, 10:20 PM
scupture.net

Re: 2005 Biennale Internazionale dell’Arte Contemporanea

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschesse
All,

I've just received an invitation to this biennial 12/05. The website looks very impressive but I remember a thread some time back discussing poor results from the 2003 biennial. Can anyone comment on this biennial - attendance, importance, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Larry
- This posting was moved to Focus Topics from the Sculpture News heading because previous discussions were held in this section about the topic.

Hi Larry,

I personally am not sure if this is the same event or not, but can try to find out for you.

You may be able to tell if it is by looking closer at the original thread which is located here: http://www.sculpture.net/community/s...light=biennial
Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 PM
scupture.net

I just checked and it does look like the same to me. You will have to decide if this is a good fit for you or not.

I have heard various viewpoints, and haven't yet heard feedback from the most recent show last year. But be warned that some artists have expressed strong negative experiences from past events.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Level 1 user

Russ,

Thanks very much for the links and research. I agree with you that it is in fact the same event. Comments are all over the map - from scam to success. I think in the end, it is up to the artist to make it a positive or negative experience. As always - you get out what you put in. I'll still watch this thread for further comments from attendees.

Thanks again,

Larry