Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Welcome Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Level 1 user

image size?

the image size info states 2 kb. thats about the size of one's little finger nail.
can you provide a dimension size to shoot for in PS? thanks....jon
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Level 10 user

Re: image size?

I posted this several times recently:

Originally Posted by raspero

You don't want to upload pictures to this forum. Unless you are an ISC member you are limited to something tiny, like 2 kb. What you do is to post them on a free photo storage site such as:

http://photobucket.com/

After you upload your photographs to photobucket you put your mouse cursor on the photo you want to post and a drop down thing appears. Click on the box beside "direct link" which will say "http:// something or another." That saves the link location. Then you click on the "Insert Image" yellow thing at the top of your post and paste the image location into the box that appears.

That's it. You may need to adjust the size of the photos before you upload them to photobucket so they are not huge files.

Richard
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM

Re: image size?

Hi jon.
Raspero's advice is a good solution. You may also have another option.
Your public profile says that you are an ISC member. If so, you should be able to post images. They do need to be relatively small, but the 2K does not apply if you are a member. For example, I am attaching an image of "Strobus" a steel sculpture of mine that is in Virginia near D.C. I reduced my file size to 210KB in Photoshop. The file manager here must have compressed it further, since it says 135.2 KB. You may find it is doable after all.
At the bottom of the post area click on "Advanced", then on "Manage attachments", then browse to find your file.
JAZ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	W-Strobus-Meadowlark.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	13671