Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Welcome Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2016, 03:59 AM
Level 10 user

Hi All! Missing my sculptor friends!

Hi everyone Bluedog here! After many turbulent years I finally reestablished my studio, now in Jacksonville Florida! Focused on my constructions and I admit digital art prints and painting. And finally, yes, selling large work and my latest thing exterior wall reliefs. It's a beautiful thing and I know how incredibly difficult it is for many of us to say I'm going to make it!! Looking forward to interacting with all of you!! I have been experimenting with new media and exited to share and learn! Thank goodness the patrons are tossing money around again!! Hope to contribute to the forum and look forward to hearing from you !! Besides I can only take so much FB on breaks, ha ha!! Sincerely bluedogshuz aka P Harris Studio, or just Pat
Old 01-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Hi All! Missing my sculptor friends!

Welcome back. A lot of our members have gone over to the other side. I guess they can stand reading about what other people ate for breakfast today.

I prefer talking about sculpture.

Richard
Old 01-27-2016, 09:00 AM

Welcome back, Pat = bluedogshuz! Your steps back into 3D sound good and hopefully you'll find inspiration here. This is a committed community of people generous about what they know. I'd love to see some of your large scale saleables and exterior wall reliefs. I went to the website you have listed in your public profile. Not there. Tried googling P Harris Studio, but that led only to paintings and a dance studio. If you haven't updated your links, please do because people here will be curious to see what you have going on. Need eye candy!
Old 02-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Level 10 user

Hi Jaz and Raspero!
I know FB and drive by politics, but have made some intersting art friends including a carver from Italy. I dont have a web site but on FB P Harris Art Studio or Pat Harris I do market through facebook some and post daily. Its not the same as viewing sculptors works, trying to help or get help. Im always into materials so you will see me throw things out there. Not used to scaling down photos but i will get it eventually I truly spent 5 years building my studio and have picked up local commissions in a desperate act: I put large sculptures in front of my house a modest neighborhood between two wealthy neighborhoods, then started peddling prints paintings and sculpture in quarterly YART sales in front of my house! Desperate to stay in materials and get known. Amazingly, not only did I peddle my work but soon had the wealthier types ringing my door bellfor commissions! Weird, huh? Anyway, I realized that purity is out the window and will take any commission if the price is right. So, there you have it! Thanks for the welcome!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0229x.jpg (43.7 KB, 243 views)