Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Figurative Sculpture
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2006, 10:34 AM

Re: Big names in contemporary figurative sculpture

Hi Arnis and Djongarski,
Bulgarian seems a very interresting language but I am afraid no one but you is able to understand. So would you please translate what may concern the community and pursue your conversation in private?
Thank you.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Level 4 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne (bxl)
Hi Arnis and Djongarski,
Bulgarian seems a very interresting language but I am afraid no one but you is able to understand. So would you please translate what may concern the community and pursue your conversation in private?
Thank you.
Hi Anne,Sorry about that .We discuss little bit the works of Stephen DeStabler.I saw your web-site.It isn't in English too.But I like your works.They remind me for the sculptures of one of my teachers.Arnis
Old 01-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Level 2 user

Are you categorizing these sculptors? If so, you may have a list that I need to observe. I will have the sculptors posted on my website soon. It is being worked on right now. The Website is MASA66.net. Wait until Feb 10th.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Level 3 user

Dear Saundra Hough,

Please have a look at my sculpture works. I can't say I am a big name in sculpture... Only eight letters!
But I am a contemporary figurative sculptor.
Working in the sculpture field for thirty years, I have known numerous figurative sculptors who created works that far surpass those mentioned above. Many have passed on or never got into the limelight. Unfortunately we only have their works to remember them by.
Don't be confused with fame and quality!

Ciao!

Michael Keropian
http://www.keropiansculpture.com
Old 03-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Level 4 user

I go to the Art Expo at the Javitts Center in NY (I realize how commercial that is), but I've come across a couple of great figurative sculptors. One is Paige Bradley, another is a Vietnamese guy whose last name is Tuan, and my favorite is an orthopedic surgeon named Robert MacArthur. There is a thread about him under "art lounge". Here are two of his works-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Female-Gymnast.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	5515  Click image for larger version

Name:	Pommel-Plange.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	5516  
Old 03-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Level 2 user

I have not noticed the name of Peter Schipperheyn from Australia. I also note that most of these names are modelers, ie using clay as oppossed to carving in wood or stone. There is a very big difference in my mind between the act of putting on or off of a piece of clay and the definitive removal of material. Givern an amature, a human model lots of us can do a good job of copying what is in front of us. But stand before a block of stone with no model and carve the same piece, now that is a challenge!