Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture Community and ISC topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Level 10 user

Forum Hiatus

What happened, to knock out this forum for the last few weeks? Was it hacked, or just fallen down and couldn't get up? Does anybody even care?
Old 05-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Forum Hiatus

I come here every day. I figure that sooner or later people will get tired of sifting through all of the crap on Facebook and will want to talk about serious sculpture things again.

I haven't posted much here for a month or so because we are in our hot season. April and May are the oven months here. 85 F. at 4 o'clock in the morning with high humidity. The rainy season starts in late June and everything cools off then and I can get back in the foundry.

Richard
Old 05-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Level 10 user

Since you come here every day, was it working for you, or dead as it appeared to me? I called in to the ISC, who got hold of Russ Rupert, who runs this thing as a quasi-independent adjunct to the ISC site; my guess is that it went down and he didn't notice, since he never posts here.

That weather where you are seems a bit extreme - maybe those "oven months" would be a good time to schedule a vacation - that or start burrowing underground, like Baldassare Forestiere: http://www.undergroundgardens.com/
Old 05-26-2016, 06:25 PM
Level 10 user

Didn't work for me either. I just kept coming though because when it goes down or gets squirrely it usually gets fixed in a day or two. This down time was extra long.

Richard
Old 05-26-2016, 10:35 PM
Level 10 user

That was nice of you Andrew, to call them to fix the problem. I still miss this site, the lively discussions, crits/feedback on work, and seeing what others are doing. I don't know what would bring them back, but I am sick as hell of the political rages and other shallow nonsense invading Fb. Nothing on the net compares to what we had here...still hoping.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:00 AM

Not sure what happened, but it's a shame that the forum has been gathering dust of late. Thanks, Andrew, for making that call!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
That was nice of you Andrew, to call them to fix the problem. I still miss this site, the lively discussions, crits/feedback on work, and seeing what others are doing. I don't know what would bring them back, but I am sick as hell of the political rages and other shallow nonsense invading Fb. Nothing on the net compares to what we had here...still hoping.
If only...*gears turning*

Nice to see your name again, Rika.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:53 PM
Level 10 user

It's nice that some of the "regulars" are still checking in. We can still have a lively discussion, if somebody has a topic they'd like to talk about - Any ideas?
Old 05-28-2016, 09:53 AM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by obseq View Post
If only...*gears turning*

Nice to see your name again, Rika.
Hey, Obseq, you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Werby View Post
It's nice that some of the "regulars" are still checking in. We can still have a lively discussion, if somebody has a topic they'd like to talk about - Any ideas?
I think we all need to understand that if we want this forum revived, it is not enough to just show up, check-in, drive-by...We all need to contribute, at least for a while, until others start showing up. And we also need to encourage people to post. I will start a new topic and will try to invite back past members I am in contact with. Please you do your part too. We all love the visuals, show your work, share your experiences, impressions on art and sculpture. Check out Art Lounge for
starters on a topic that has been perplexing me for a while.

*message sent to a few members, now let's see how many show up, haha. (Dammit, I forgot where to find those emoticons!)

Last edited by rika : 05-28-2016 at 07:06 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-28-2016, 09:59 PM
Level 10 user

Last edited by Duck : 05-29-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Level 10 user

I saw this coming a few years ago when Merion was reprimanded for posting redundant information.