Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture focus topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Level 10 user

Re: drugs and the process - yes or no

Sex, drugs, rock'n roll, work, art, meditation. All require discipline for success, to prevent failure, addiction, burnout. Some cultures do better in some categories and fail in others. Our culture is weak in some areas. Do you know which ones and why? Do you know how that influences/determines your opinions? Do you know how you formed your opinions? Do you know how your opinions direct the course of your life? Gautama Buddha: "What we are is what we have thought for years." Thinking, seeing clearly, requires discipline. Sometimes some form of assistance/ help/guidance is required. Just don't get dependent on the helper/tool/trick/teacher/aid/philosophy/religion/cluster of opinions, or you are back to where you started.
There are many paths. Finding the right one, for you, and knowing how long to follow it is your life's work.

jOe~
Old 10-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Level 3 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman
Hi, Graham, Good for you! Congratulations for achieving the 3 year mark. Since you are clean and sober, you haven't yet ruined your life, maybe just a portion of it. Just think of ALL the people who never realize or achieve that sobriety that you now cherish. Thank God for what you have left and make the most of it, which is something I think you'll do.
Have a great day,
Jeff
Ditto! Congrats Graham for having the courage to face your art and life without mind or mood-altering libations. I forgot to add the rest of my story being married to an abusive alcoholic. Years later, after being divorced from my ex-husband for 20+ years, he was 62 and facing retirement. He was actually looking forward to it and had a chance at a new life. Unfortunately, years of alcohol abuse took it toll on his brain. I guess he must have been thinking about me because he blew his brains out on my birthday a few years ago.

"Malicious talk always circulates around people who are too successful, too proper, too talented, too well spoken, too well dressed, and too-too-much." James Mackitosh Quilleran

Last edited by HorseModels : 10-26-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Level 10 user

Say there is a new plant discovered. Ingest this plant and it makes you think better, gives you energy (or it feels like it does), helps you to focus on problems better so as to come up with solutions. It also causes high blood pressure, is less effective the more you use it and on top of that it is addictive. Raising of this plant will destroy the environment from erosion, deplete the soil and put the people who cultivate it into virtual economic slavery.

Take another plant, same properties and same results, with the exception of environmental damage, toss in war and the addiction of millions to narcotics.

Third plant, same properties with the result of actual slavery and war.

What would you do about these plants? How would you feel about using them? They all exist and are coffee, tea and sugar cane. Nations tend to not practice slavery and war over plants with no properties. They are stimulants and are addictive and are big business. Like tobacco and cotton. Untold human misery and death are the results of the use of these plants. Today it is coca, marijuana and poppy derivitives. All of these plants have positive properties as well as negative. The war on drugs in the US is a collosol joke made at the expence of the taxpayers. The sad thing is that there is a very simple solution.

The thing about human nature is that those who feel the need to self medicate will always find a way to do so. Those who are smart enough and lucky remove themselves from addiction and hopefully lead productive lives.

The US government in it's earliest days actually went to war with some of it's citizens over the right to control and tax distilled alcohol. Federal and state governments control and tax beer and wine now too. Some of those tax monies should be used for education and treatment of all aspects of alcohol abuse including victims of the alcoholics and drunk drivers. If the drugs that are now illegal were controlled and taxed there would be monies for education and treatment with the added benifit of keeping the money out of the hands of gangs, organized crime and terrorists. Keeping the jails clear of personal use drug offenders would save enough money to benifit deprived children etc. I doubt this will ever happen. If for nothing else the politicians who support the alcohol lobbies will block this. Big business again. Marijuana was made illegal after Prohibition because it cut into profits. Neither government or business could allow citizens to grow their own instead of buying something taxed. A large number of the citizens would never go for this either. Blinders on they also are against the teaching of sex education and often evolution in public schools.

Anything that we ingest needs to be done with awareness and intellegence. This includes the food we eat, the water we drink and the drugs we take. Someone who drinks to many soft drinks is not only effected by the caffiene and sugar but also from added phosphorous which causes problems with calcium uptake. This can cause problems with bone formation in children and things like bone spurs in adults. Hormones and antibiotics in livestock, pestecides on fruits and vegetables, high fructose corn syrup in almost everything uncluding bread, hydrogonized fats.......it goes on. Ecucation is the key and money is the way to get it.

OK, off my soap box. People tend to do what they want regardless.

Thatch
Old 10-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
OK, off my soap box. People tend to do what they want regardless.
Yup. I wonder if anyone learned something or changed their opinions as a consequence of this thread? Is anyone more tolerant of an opposing view point?

jOe~
Old 10-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Level 3 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOe~
Yup. I wonder if anyone learned something or changed their opinions as a consequence of this thread? Is anyone more tolerant of an opposing view point?

jOe~
I wonder that myself, but I do agree that everything in moderation is good. I stopped eating anything with sugar in it to go on a low carb, no sugar diet. I watched my Dad die of complications from Diebetes (from ingesting way too much sugar, which includes alcohol). One thing about getting rid of sugar, it heightens your taste buds so you don't need all the salt to actually enjoy food.

As far as learning anything from this thread, I have taken everyone's comments in with fairness and an open mind. I have my opinions, but I also try to listen to what opposing views say as well. People who are closed-minded, will only listen to their own POV, and tend to put down any views contrary to their own.

"Malicious talk always circulates around people who are too successful, too proper, too talented, too well spoken, too well dressed, and too-too-much." James Mackitosh Quilleran
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Level 10 user

arguing isn't so much to change people's minds, it just makes you feel better.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Level 8 user

I sit on my soap box, typing to you and I say, "No". Yah..., I'm talking to you! your in high school, an artist and very interested in the world of art. You see things differently then most, and maybe you feel a little left out, and the kids, they sometime are not nice. Did you know I talk to the birds and they sing back, you taught me that. I find peace in all that is around me. I see colors that blow my mind, i see oceans of form in my studio every day and i am finding new things to say. Yah, Im high,... right now, I know it sounds silly but my drug is life. I relish in it. I find when days are gray and the world seams to be eating away I jump in my mind-ship and sculpt away, my drug it gets better everyday. Anyway i was just in the past having a blast and wanted to share this tip with you- I found when talking with a King Fisher bird its best to sit and wait, until he visits you at least 10 times, on the 10th time or so, once you have made a friend -raise your arms then flap, spin yourself in the wind wile singing cack! cack! cack! there is no drug beter then that....
your friend always
Mark
http:www.pilatostudios.com

Last edited by mark pilato : 10-27-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Level 10 user

Mark, you are so right! But, some times, some people can't get in touch with the vision, can't touch it, see it, feel it, express it. The internal blocks, from a long, painful childhood have prevented them from being in touch with their true self. Therapy, self medication, and suicide often result. Dale Carnegie : "Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think." To quote my previoius statement:
Quote:
"What we are is what we have thought for years." Thinking, seeing clearly, requires discipline. Sometimes some form of assistance/ help/guidance is required. Just don't get dependent on the helper/tool/trick/teacher/aid/philosophy/religion/cluster of opinions, or you are back to where you started.
. I speak from experience and education.

Quote:
There are many paths. Finding the right one, for you, and knowing how long to follow it is your life's work.
jOe~
Old 10-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Level 8 user

So true Joe, Thanks,
Maybe an antidote is to travel back wile we create. To find ourselves in a peaceful moment in time. To cradle the child in us. When I was a young man of 18 or so, I went on a camping trip by myself. I hiked into a forest and soon I was lost. I found a stream, heart pounding. I built a circle made of stone and sat in the middle of it, not knowing why. Soon I was okay and I thanked the world and all above. I made wishes to, and they all have come true. As I sat meditating to sounds that enveloped me, a scream came- it came souring from above through a window draped by Oaks. The Scream came from me a Red Tailed Hawk. I found that place today, I am souring there just now - and look, there I am sitting in a circle of stones made from the heart. So cool - don't worry - everything will be all right, I love you, I love you.... Can you here me screaming right now I'm screaming to you. Your dreams are coming true.
So I say go back in time and find the child that lives in you and cradle him or her back into your life.
Back to the studio to find myself again - to lift with heavy feeling - to go fishing on Lake George with my dad, to swim in maine- to fly above those woods in Pennsylvania once again to find the boy I am.
All the Best,
Mark
Old 10-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Level 10 user

Mark, you would not believe how much time I have spent alone in the woods. Some years it would add up to months.I've been on many paths.
Quote:
Maybe an antidote is to travel back wile we create. To find ourselves in a peaceful moment in time. To cradle the child in us.
Problem with me was that I was not allowed to be a child when I was one. I was made to work while in grade school.Criticism was all I heard. You can't do your job. You can't draw. You have no musical talent . You can't do anything. You will fail at everything. Art is stupid. Picasso was the biggest fraud. After a while you start to almost (lucky for me) believe what your parents are programming into your head. All your thoughts are self defeating. I didn't know what was wrong. Of course I looked up to my parents, thats what kids are supposed to do. But while in elementary school I didn't understand why I had migraines, and even thought of suicide once. Then I ran away from home in the 4th grade. That feeling of power and freedom was my first step toward liberation.

I didn't discover that there was such a thing as art until I was 18, my first year in college. I didn't know how to handle my emotions when I saw it because I was so tight and repressed. But I did realize that I wasn't as smart as I thought I was. Straight A's didn't amount to crap because here was a form of thinking and being that I was clueless about. There was some sort of path in art, something to learn. But I was supposed to be an engineering student. Luckily, I had an inquistive mind, disciplined and all too good at self criticism. Thus I never allowed my self to abuse drugs. But I did realize there was a tool, a benefit if used properly, that allowed me to loosen up and see and experience things that I was too blocked up to allow into my consciousness. I set out to learn how to use this tool. I read anthroplogy, spent time in Mexico with a shaman, experimented, did my best to expand my mind.

Back to art. In 1969 a stranger, a hippie that I bumped into on campus, convinced me into getting high and accompanying him to the college art gallery. With his guidance, art started to make a bit of sense. I never saw him again. Months later I checked out all the books on Picasso in the library. I was determined to figure this guy out. I didn't believe my father's put downs that he was a fraud. Study did no good. It was too weird. Then I decided to use one of my new tools. Bingo! I broke through some of the blocks. Never again looked at his work stoned. Didn't need to.

That was the beginning for me. I never took one engineering course and never seriously studied art until after college. Spent most of my time searching for the right path(s) and trying to keep my mind from assaulting itself. I had nothing to fall back on, no philosophy, no religion, nothing in my up bringing. Started from scratch, inventing and discovering myself, doing everything I could to keep my mind open as I realized there was no one truth but many different valid answers to the same questions

Given what I've said, I do not advocate drugs. They are as addictive as all the other things I mentioned in my prior post. But, with guidance, purpose and discipline they may be useful for some people. Our collective up bringing, our culture, doesn't teach us how to deal with stuff like dreams, meditation, thinking creatively, being open minded and the many other useful paths a person can try. I don't advocate going it alone like I did. Like one of my art teachers told me when he learned I didn't know art history: "Why reinvent the wheel, save yourself time."

jOe~
Old 10-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Level 8 user

Joe, sorry for your past, I feel for you, when I look at your picture that is bellow i see the boy though. How did you find him? was it Picasso? Or did you find him some other way? Would you introduce another 18 year old to art the same way you were brought to it? was there ever a day in your childhood were the ski was blue and the sun shined bright? I hope so. have you ever flown a kite?
all the best,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	port.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	4346  
Old 10-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
when I look at your picture that is bellow i see the boy though. How did you find him? was it Picasso?
I've read thousands of books and traveled hundreds of thousands of miles, both inside and out. I finally found what gets me the highest-- creating, making stuff, looking at art, music, the out doors, being right here, right now, in the moment aware and awake.

Quote:
Would you introduce another 18 year old to art the same way you were brought to it?
Hell no! I'd do it the way I'm doing it with my daughter: I solicit her help and opinion on everything I make(from hanging sheet rock for her bedroom to bending metal), I take her to art events and museums, we make cards for birthdays and holidays--don't buy them, teach her to not fear power tools( we've made many toys), teach her how to listen to all kinds of music, how to hear what adults are really saying, to be questionning and compassionate at the same time, to be aware of world events, to keep her mind, eyes and ears open (I've almost given up on 12 year old taste buds LOL), to have the highest respect for wildness, to enjoy and appreciate everything she has and does, to be loving first and foremost, how to have fun. All of this is not with the intention of making her an artist, far from it. I want her to recognize her path when she finds it. To paraphrase Don Juan from the writings of Carlos Castaneda: ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good: if it doesn't it is of no use. If there are two paths, one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One make you strong; the other weakens you. A path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it."

jOe~
Old 10-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Level 8 user

Joe - You have found your inner child through your daughter's love and you give her the gift of you, in doing so you broke the mold your parents made for you. In a way you have mended your past forging in the moment you shape a beautiful future.
congratulations on your life. I think of you as a friend and i would love to see more of your work so i may know you better, thanks for your words.
all the best,
Mark
Old 10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Level 3 user

Quote:
Hell no! I'd do it the way I'm doing it with my daughter: I solicit her help and opinion on everything I make(from hanging sheet rock for her bedroom to bending metal), I take her to art events and museums, we make cards for birthdays and holidays--don't buy them, teach her to not fear power tools( we've made many toys), teach her how to listen to all kinds of music, how to hear what adults are really saying, to be questionning and compassionate at the same time, to be aware of world events, to keep her mind, eyes and ears open (I've almost given up on 12 year old taste buds LOL), to have the highest respect for wildness, to enjoy and appreciate everything she has and does, to be loving first and foremost, how to have fun. All of this is not with the intention of making her an artist, far from it. I want her to recognize her path when she finds it. To paraphrase Don Juan from the writings of Carlos Castaneda: ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good: if it doesn't it is of no use. If there are two paths, one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One make you strong; the other weakens you. A path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it."
jOe~
Joe - you are truly a Man of LaMancha! The quest you have gone through, even with all the trials and tribulations, has made you what you are today. The knowledge you have gained, you can share with your daughter to help her become an asset to society. Life is not a bed of roses, and even if it were, there are thorns to cut you to the quick! Make the most of what you have learned, even the bad things. It may help save someone else for a similar fate.

BTW, my Dad wanted boys in the worst way and got twin girls. He made the most of it, though, and taught us not to be afraid to do what boys did. I have always taken on challenges with this in mind and am now learning to weld my own bronzes. Your daughter should succeed with whatever endeavor she takes on!

Debbi

Old 10-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Level 10 user

To see things instead of looking at them. Sometimes I catch a glimpse. Today while I was working in my back yard a force came through. The cats were frightened and fled. I just stood, struck with awe. Life is good.

Thatch
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Level 10 user

Debbie,
Quote:
Joe - you are truly a Man of LaMancha!
Well even though I've actually been to La Mancha in 1980, I don't know what that means. Enlighten me? As far as my daughter, well she knows now at her young age most of what I spent my adult years figuring out. And, she has tons of friends which I never had. I don't know who or what I'd be without her. She hugs and kisses me several times a day. I get tears just writing this. Lucky for her I had her late in life, at 42 (a miracle kid).

Mark, yes I think of you as a friend too. Thank you for saying that. I felt a connection from our first exchange. I actually have no friends. Its been about 11 years since I had one. I knew what I was getting into when I left Seattle and bought a beautiful piece of property to build on, 20 minutes from services. Staying at home with very few distractions, I've been able to get a lot done--home building, art, other interests. I quit a successful career in advertising photography with a side line of "art photography" to raise my daughter, flee the city, and because photography was too limiting. Near the end I was photographing still lifes of metal constructions I made and I didn't know why. I showed a fair amount but did not find it rewarding. But that is a whole nother story, along with all my other career attempts. What I really meant to say was that you Mark, "get it". Most people don't seem find out the true value of things. Being a stay -at- home dad late in life has been such a blessing.

As far a showing my work, I don't know how ready I am because it changes and evolves at such a rapid pace. Most pieces are not even entirely completed (in terms of final finish) before I start several more different ones. This week I finished building a gantry , so that means somewhere in the back of my mind I must be thinking of doing bigger stuff, like with metal and rock.

jOe~

Last edited by jOe~ : 10-27-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Level 10 user

Yes Thatch, when you learn to see, instead of just looking, you are constantly reminded of what an amazing thing life is.

"It is looking at things for a long time that ripens you and gives you a deeper understanding."...Vincent Van Gogh

jOe~
Old 10-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Level 8 user

Oh yah,.. lets rock and role with Van Goth in deep ripening understandings. I want to here more about Thatches force, I want to see Joe's work to come, I want to ride one of Debbie cool ass horses, I want to stand in one of Kevin's gardens, most of all I want to shake Graham's hand. i want to feel the force.. lets rock and role.
all the best,
Mark
Old 10-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Level 10 user

Hey my man Mark, sounds like you want to hijack your own thread, from drugs to the stuff of life. I'll start by posting one of my early,fun attempts, where I'm doing it for the heck of it, learning what my tools can do, when my ;ego and pride aren't at stake. I call it "the Emperor wore big ears".

grins, jOe~
Old 10-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Level 3 user

Quote:
Debbie, Well even though I've actually been to La Mancha in 1980, I don't know what that means. Enlighten me?
jOe~
As far as I understand the concept from the story of Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes believed that Don Quixote was an idealist in an improbable world. The area of La Mancha is dry and desolate (which you know if you were there) and full of windmills today, due in part to the movie, Man of La Mancha. Windmills seem out of place in a dry, harsh region just as so many artists nowadays feel out of place with their ideals in a harsh envirnment. I think you are on the right track with your daughter and your sculptures. Keep up the good work! I like the emperor and Max is cute too!

Old 10-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Level 8 user

Joe - I love it. So very cool, it's when we are not looking that sometimes we find our best work. I think you should share it with the world, what I have seen of your work is brilliant and fun.I cant wait to see what you will do when the forms are bigger then you. 20 feet maybe?
all the best,
Mark
Old 10-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Level 2 user

Haha, I just feel like I gotta add to this thread!

Do any of you realize that "we" are more the corn people, than the ancient society in Mexico commonly referred to as the "maze people?"

Corn syrup is in almost all food, unless you are on a strict veggie diet, and even then I bet you eat corn. And now we are looking to use it in our cars. I think there is more corn product in our bodies than water. Most people aren't aware of the effect it has on our bodies and how hard it is to rid ourselves of. It's in the dirt, it's in the air. Another thread for another day.

I almost can't function without some form of corn syrup whether it be coca cola or even a (when I fool myself into thinking I am being healthy) a granola bar. The more I am aware of it, the less I use it. The less cola I buy. The less processed foods I buy.

Can you imagine getting your hair cut by someone who is high on pot? Can you imagine your mortgage loan officer or bank manager handling your finances on psychidelics?
I could go on, but suffice to say, I know hairdressers who smoke and then get creative on real canvasses (people). I remember one client whom, everytime she screamed, her bill was pumped up $50 more. She paid $350 for a really bad haircut in my opinion. <It wasn't me>

I am a product of the 60's when Haight Ashbury was in it's glory. None of us knew what effects the drugs would / could have on ourselves in those days. But what I do remember was that I never really like the "high", nor the cost. I would much rather buy a bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild Bordeaux than a gram of caine.

As a hairdresser, I had to rid myself of all party buddies in order to clean up my act. I pissed most of my money and youth away, buying my friends at the bar,all in the name of success. I hated the day when particular clients would schedule, knowing that they would bring their little packet and offer me a line. But even back then I was smart enough to put them at the end of the day. I did some of my best work on my worst hangovers, or so clients said. I chose hairdressing as a career because it was the easy path. All I know is if I had it to do over again, I would be the geo-physisist with a oceanography degree. I failed to "be all that I could be" back then because coffee and hormones 101 were more important for this attention deficit bombshell I was sporting for so many years. I dropped out, checked in for treatment / counceling at about the time I realized I was raising a kid who was headed down the same path and the ride was 10 times worse than what I was.

Alcoholism, caffeneism, addictions to shopping and drugs are all symptoms of the disease, not the products themselves. There are many who can operate quite normally under the influences, then there are those that take on the Jekyll and Hide syndrome due to the fact that they have regrets and resentments they have not dealt with. For the later the illusive eutopia they seek will ever illude them, until those issues have been dealt with.

I drink, but not in excess anymore. More like once a month I desire a bottle of wine. I drink coffee, but not for it's effect as much as it is easy to reach for and has more flavor than plain water. I smoke because, dang it, I just plain like to smoke (and respect those around me that don't by not doing it around them). As a baby boomer/ product of the sixties, I am rebellious. I don't believe in conforming where ever I feel the need to rebel. With that, I know that I "can" do any one of those things if I want to and nobody can tell me different cept the law. But, I also know from experience the ill effect most of them have upon me, and I really hate paranoia in public places.

I don't believe in the 12 steps of AA. I believe in myself and what I must do with the short time I have on earth. And I am pretty darn proud of what I have accomplished so far. I haven't the patience to believe that I am a victim and sick for the rest of my life. You really find out who your friends are when you check in and stop doing all that stuff. All your party buddies will disappear faster than you can snap a finger because they don't want to turn the mirror around and look in it, leaving you with only a few very loyal good friend and family.

I am libertarian, on the otherhand. I believe in legalization of drugs and there won't be a black market for them. Those that want the choice should have it. Our prisons would be alot emptier. I really believe our economy would improve and our prisons would be alot smaller.

Jimmy Hendrix, Janice, John Lennon died. All excellent artists, who used. Didn't Picasso drink? Wasn't he just a nasty old fart when he was high. Seems I read that somewhere. Edna St. Vincent Millay did her best work as a child before she was discovered. What is right for one, isn't necessarily right for the other.

In my humble and very personal opinion, it's whatever floats yer boat, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights and happiness of others. I do some of my best work when I allow myself to feel the pain that life has dealt me. I let it flow out through my fingers into the medium in what I am creating without any medication. Alot of time it is done with my eyes closed because I have learned to touch.

Oh slap, I hope someone posts after me. Sorry for blithering on.

Yours soberly,
Jyn
P.S. I hope your friend finds a way to create without. Heroin and other pseudo type drugs are so destructive to the mind, especially when you live to be 80 or so.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Level 8 user

Thanks Jyn, wow a hairdresser, tell us a story? I want a here about your most outrageous client. Pretend you are cutting all of our hair with that new technology compucut. Here we sit ready and eager, cut our hair and spin a tale.
All the best,
Mark
Old 10-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Level 10 user

"I do some of my best work when I allow myself to feel the pain that life has dealt me. I let it flow out through my fingers into the medium in what I am creating without any medication."

Here again, I feel unworthy to post because I don't have firsthand experience concerning all this stuff. But it seems that this is a good point about the subject at hand of how drug use effects art. Doesn't it stifle the emotion in us which will alter the artwork- make it not authentic somehow, not as raw and real as it could be if we could feel all the influences of life on us instead of being numb? (Maybe some drugs don't numb but enhance those emotions- I'm out in left field asking questions.)

~Tamara
Old 10-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Level 10 user

Perhaps some of the best and most personally authentic art is produced during the cathartic healing process from issues that prompted the drug use in the first place. Having been down the path of near total destruction, I find it a reality in my artistic expression.

Mark