Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Figurative Sculpture
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Level 1 user

A Clockwork Orange. 1/6 Alex statue.

Hello friends!

Im new here and I would like to start this adventure with my last work, an Alex 1/6 statue from the Clockwork Orange movie.
Its made with polimer clay (sculpey) in the traditional way. I use to sculpt miniatures (3 inches tall) so it is my first one in this scale for commercial use and I would like to share it with you.

It will be produced by a new company: Retro Outlaw but It wont be available until the spring of this year.

I invite you to visit my gallery: http://lifeinside-studio.blogspot.com/

I hope you like it.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Level 3 user

Re: A Clockwork Orange. 1/6 Alex statue.

Went to your website... your work is phenomenal.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Level 1 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptr97 View Post
Went to your website... your work is phenomenal.
Thank you Joel, I also visited yours and I found your work awsome.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Sculptor

Congratulations on this work, Alfon. I know we had some disagreement earlier regarding possible copyright violations and/or possibility of this site's being sued over your posting images here, but after researching the issue I decided "Clockwork Orange" is sufficiently part of the past and of an "art" nature that a few images here are OK. I haven't visited your private site yet, and that is another suggestion I made, where you could post more images freely.

I think its important that these ideas be expressed here so other sculptors will be aware of things that might impede posting at Russ' Sculpture Community.

As I told you privately before, the work is excelllent.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:33 AM
ISC Member

Alfon,
Picking up on Fritchie's comments, I went through your site and am very impressed with the quality of movement and form, as well as the detail in your work. Bravo. I couldn't help but wonder, though, since you said you were interested in selling this work in figurine format, how you would deal with copyright issues? All your work keys directly off major motion picture properties-- won't they shut you down if you start to sell it? What about working directly for one of the studios instead as a subcontractor or employee?
Bob
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Level 1 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClyatt View Post
Alfon,
Picking up on Fritchie's comments, I went through your site and am very impressed with the quality of movement and form, as well as the detail in your work. Bravo. I couldn't help but wonder, though, since you said you were interested in selling this work in figurine format, how you would deal with copyright issues? All your work keys directly off major motion picture properties-- won't they shut you down if you start to sell it? What about working directly for one of the studios instead as a subcontractor or employee?
Bob
Hello.

As I told privatley to Fritchie and other people in the past. Im a sculptor not a manufacturer. I get paid for a commision job, always a original piece. When the client pay for it I dont own it anymore and it becomes his property.

Whatever he does with it is not my bussines, he can produce commercial copies with license, without license or keep the original piece in his livingroom.

I only sculpt.

Thank you.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Level 10 user

Hi Alfie

Great stuff. You have some serious skills there. Looking forward to reading your comments on images and topics in other threads. A new voice is always welcome.

CP
Old 02-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Level 4 user

Very Nice !

PNK
Old 02-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Level 10 user

checked out your other stuff. fantastic work. the tiny subtle gestures and detail are really pleasing. welcome, and good luck with your art.