Sculpture Community -  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture focus topics
User Name
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 04:20 PM
suburbanartists's Avatar
suburbanartists suburbanartists is offline
Level 10 user
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rumson,NJ / Block Island,RI / Eden, Ut
Posts: 1,014
Anyone have a RELEASE form?

I need a general simple Release form for the property owner of our Block Island Show. He wants some protection incase someone (Artist) gets hurt on his property for whatever reason. State is Rhode Island.

Thanks Sub
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:06 PM
oscar oscar is offline
Level 10 user
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 331
Re: Anyone have a RELEASE form?

A release form won't protect the landlord, or anyone else, from liability. You will need insurance with a ryder given to the landlord. One mill. at least.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 PM
evaldart's Avatar
evaldart evaldart is offline
Level 10 user
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: easthampton, massachusetts
Posts: 5,637
Re: Anyone have a RELEASE form?

Sub, I carry a regular, old-fashioned business insurance that covers everything I do. Its a standard small business policy pretty much the same as a contractor would have. I rarely have to pull it out but you got to have it when your'e responsible for very heavy objects.

I know some artists that have bought temporary or short-term policies for certain jobs...but I'm out on peoples property all the time, have had mine for fifteen years. Just another bill to pay.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 AM
crvenka crvenka is offline
Level 1 user
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
Re: Anyone have a RELEASE form?

This depends on what is being done on the property. If you are using the property as a studio and landlord does not want responsibility for your injuries, that's possible. But you can't save him from claims by anyone else who enters the property. For yourself or any other regular user of the space, a simple Waiver form will do. Just state something like:

I, the undersigned, hereby waive all rights to any claim for injuries or damages to my person and/or property that may occur on the premises of (your landlord's name) located at (the address). Then sign and have two people witness you signing it and sign it also, and write their names as witnesses under yours.

Hope this helps. For other people you can buy a public liability insurance policy, but that's costly.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Julianna's Avatar
Julianna Julianna is offline
ISC Member
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 1,169
Re: Anyone have a RELEASE form?

I agree with the others...sounds like what you want is an insurance waiver more than a release form. If you search for "insurance waiver form" on Google, you should get a ton of samples.
Julianna Yau Yorgan
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Sculpture Community,
International Sculpture Center,
vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Russ RuBert